Induction in 12 hours

Sydney

So I am being induced in 12 hours at 39 weeks (medical reasons). I have been against an epidural my entire pregnancy, just simply because it gives me anxiety. I finally started to be open to having one if I really felt I couldn’t take it. A few days ago I found out that hospital policy changed and my husband is no longer allowed to stay in the room with me during insertion of epidural. Him being there with me was the only reason I ever even considered it because he can keep my anxiety at bay. My husband of course tells me that I can get one without him there, because I’m tough. My mom says that I can handle no epidural and to focus on other ways of pain relief. But my mother in law and her sister just keep saying that it doesn’t hurt that bad and it’s easier than an IV. The percentage of people that get one is greater than those who don’t. How it was the best thing ever. My issue is not the pain. My issue is that an epidural is literally the only thing in life that I am 100% terrified of. I have tried to work through it and realize that it’s okay and I will be okay with it my whole pregnancy but I just can’t. I had an anxiety attack yesterday morning and now I feel another one coming on this morning due to just even thinking about getting an epidural.