Full bladder for anatomy scan

Lola

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has spaced out their drinking or used drinks other than water to fill their bladder for the anatomy scan? I can't imagine that it would make any difference to my bladder (other than being full even longer), but the instructions were very specific.

I was told to drink 32-40 oz of water within 15 minutes an hour before my anatomy scan next week. I was nervous about lasting so long without peeing since I seem to pee about every 5 minutes lately, but it turns out my even bigger issue is that chugging the water so quickly makes me extremely nauseous. Combining that with car sickness since I'll need to drink it on the way to my appointment doesn't seem like a great idea.

I'm thinking of extending from 15-30 minutes to drink, even though I know that will make it harder to hold my urine, and doing part water and part juice or soda since those don't make me as nauseous right now.

I wasn't required to have a full bladder with either of my other pregnancies so it's a bit new to me, but I don't want to do anything to mess it up since they said they will cancel if my bladder isn't full. 😮