One more month of birth control

I have been taking birth control pills for five years, at first having periods every months. The last few years, I have only had a couple periods a year, and those were due to taking my pill a few hours late. In June we are planning on ttc but I want to get off the birth control before then. The hormones do not affect me well, I’m depressed and have headaches all the time. My husband is extremely supportive and will gladly wear back up protection when I’m questioning my pills. At the beginning of this week, I stopped at the end of my pill pack and am currently on my period. That way my body can get used to having a cycle and I will finish my last pack of pills in April. I should start my period April 26 and be off bc. April-June we will use condoms and track my ovulation. I’m scared my period will be crazy out of whack in May, has anyone experienced this?

PS: I know the label ( and doctors)says it could take awhile for periods to come back/be regular, I would just like to hear real life stories