My copper coil obsession 🤩

Sofia

Just thought I would do a little copper coil appreciation post. I got my copper coil inserted 5 months ago, and I am so happy that I did!

All I had to do to get it inserted was call the local clinic and book an appointment. Before the insertion I was TERRIFIED! I arrive and was welcomed by a lovely lady who talked me through everything that would happen, and what I was getting, side effects etc. She then took a quick examination of me down there, and then started the whole process. It took around 5mins to do, and I’m not gonna lie it was quite uncomfortable. It was like a sudden period cramp that came out of nowhere, but it was soon over! She had to use a tool to hold my cervix open a little, and for me that was the worst! (However bearable aha) I had gone on my own, but a nurse came in and held my hand which was so nice aha, so I’d recommend asking someone to go with you! I’d also highly highly recommend getting someone to pick you up. I had some bad period cramps that evening. And for the next two weeks I had light spotting. However all of this was worth it! I hardly notice that I have the coil, when I get my period I have a little bit more painful cramps, however nothing that I can’t deal with! I’ve heard that sometimes your partner can feel the strings, however I haven’t had any complaints. I personally can’t feel them unless I’m squatting down and really searching. Of course I’m no professional and every body reacts differently, just though I’d write something about my experience as I couldn’t find a lot when I was looking for advice. So if your looking for a long lasting birth control method then I would highly recommend trying the copper coil (it’s also hormone free, what’s not to love) honestly feel like I should advertise for them, but I’ve just had a good experience so though I would share 😊 any questions let me know💛