I just want to spend alone time with my husband 😤

My husband and I never get any time alone together. We’ve never even been to the movies 😭 and whenever we go out to eat we have at least one child with us. He even brought his son on our first date. And it’s fine most of the time, but sometimes it really bums me out. My mother offered to watch our kids but my husband said no because he doesn’t want his son to cry when he leaves. His son always goes everywhere with us. So we always have to do kid friendly stuff. His son is a really good kid and he always behaves well when we go out, but he’s too young for a movie and sometimes I just want to spend time with my husband. I feel like we’re so lucky that people actually offer to watch our kids but he never takes them up on it.

Also, yes we have talked about it. But it never changes. Before, his son’s mother wasn’t in his life and I guess my husband must have felt like his son was thinking they were both abandoning him. It’s at the point where his son can barely handle him walking out of the room without him, though that has gotten a lot better. And his mom is in his life again. My husband cries when his son goes to his moms house too. It’s like they both have separation anxiety from each other.