Sensitive subject: sexual assault

Gina

Last year towards the end of April I was sexually assaulted by a family friend. While this happened only me and my older brother (who has autism) were home. I attempted to notify my mother discreetly so he would attack us. But that failed thankfully he did not attack us. I would not have been able to defend my brother and my self against a 250lb man (at the least). He claimed to no drink, curse, nothing. But after everything transpired we found out that he had also sexually assaulted his daughter, and my cousin. My mother and I reported him the same night, the officers told me I could take him to court whenever I was ready. I’ve been ignoring the problem each time somebody brings it up I would change the subject. Unable to cope with losing my innocence. I’ve struggled with depression and Suicidal thoughts. I know he’s out there free and probably hurt more girls after me, I want him locked up behind bars but I don’t want all them bottled up emotions to come back and I not know how to properly deal with them. And possibly worsen my depression

Please give me advice on how to cope.