Weight Gain

M

Recently i went for my three month pill check, and the nurse checked my blood pressure and then we moved over to the scales to check my weight. I used to be 55kg, and now that has gone up to 61.5kg in only 3 months. Everyone i have spoken to about it has said it’s nothing to worry about, and in the grand scheme of things it’s not that much weight. But i’m a 5,4ft 17 year old, and i don’t know if this is healthy for me. It’s always been in the back of my mind ever since the check, and since then i have changed my diet, trying to eat more fruit and veg, and trying to do yoga and work outs at home.

i thought it was all going well, till i put my jeans on this morning, my favourite comfy jeans... and i couldn’t do the button up. they didn’t fit at all. i don’t know what to do! I keep trying to be better and healthier, and for almost a 2 weeks i cut out anything bad from my diet, but now that my jeans don’t fit and i’m now a size up in clothes, i don’t know weather to be worried or not.

I would try put more work into physical activity (i walk from the bus stop which is about 20 minutes every day) but i leave the house at 7am, and sometimes don’t get back till later, and with exams i have to focus on them.

can someone please give me some advice, tell me i’m healthy or if i’m not then how i can be more :)