AHHHHH... possible trigger ⚠️

My cousin: “I’m pregnant, yay! It only took us two months of trying too!”

Me, with stage 3 endometriosis: “Yay, congratulations! That is quick!”

Her, lecturing without prompt: “just keep in mind how easy it is to get pregnant when you start trying...too easy, be careful... you don’t need kids right now”

Me, having said nothing about my own fertility or attempts at trying to have kids, but knowing damn well I can’t get pregnant: “no, I have endometriosis, I won’t be able to... but that’s ok, congrats again, can’t wait!”

Her, ignorance is showing: “that doesn’t change anything... just remember, it’s easy to have a baby you’re too young to know this”

Me, in my late 20s: “yeah....ok.”

Another conversation:

Her, convincing me not to marry strictly based on age (20s) rather than getting to know my FH which she’s ignored every time they meet: “I got married at 21, and look where I’m at now, divorced.”

Me: “I’m sorry that was the case for you... Everyone is different, so it’s ok, I’m pretty confident, thanks though”

Her, ignorance showing: “I just don’t know that you should get married... plus, he’s so quiet”

Me: “why?”

Her: “you’re just too young I got a divorce when I was young”

Me, in my late 20s: ...

Her, doesn’t even attempt to say hello to fiancé who walks in: “you’re just a young, ignorant, and stupid girl, you’ll change your mind or learn the hard way that it’s not worth it”

I CANT. RANT. OVER.