Pregnant and herpes 2....

Soo um I’m very embarrassed but I’ve been noticing itchiness down there so I thought it was a yeast infection. I never bothered to look down there and when I finally did it was white pus bumps.. it doesn’t even hurt it was just itchy and it not uncomfortable.. when I walk it’s botherless.. doesn’t bother me at all besides itching and not even a lot.. I have been having poor hygiene only because I have more discharge now that I’m pregnant no smell or anything bad just normal discharge. Well I wear panty liners everyday and sometimes I have it on for a while when the discharge is there ONLY because I work and running back and forth to the restroom I’d probably get in trouble. So I was wondering if poor hygiene could cause this as well? Like all the sweat and stuff clogging up my pores down there. Well I have valtrex for cold sores and I normally take them when I get a cold sore so I was wondering if it is genital herpes how do I take this for down there bc I don’t have a routine on taking them for down there bc I never had an outbreak down there ever in my life.... the medicine will help it to go away very quick but I don’t want to overdo taking them. I’m 24 weeks. I know it’s safe to take but how should I take it