Is this illegal?

Morgan☀️ • Aquarius♒

Not sure where to post this, but my boyfriends job is a mix of overnights and day shifts. Last night he went in at 7pm and clocked out at 2:30am. His manager is telling him he has to be back at the job site at 10am this morning for another 8-9 shift. And work tomorrow 10am as well. I am genuinely scared because my boyfriend has to drive the company truck an hour away to a different location and he works with big machines. He is totally not getting enough sleep. It takes him 20 minutes to get to work, so this morning he got home at 3am and now had to leave the house at 9:30am for his next shift. Can his company do this? When he told his manger it's too much for him, they threatened to cut his hours. This is a huge international company too.

Wow I'm totally shocked at how common this is. It's sad that people have to work 5-6 days a week 12 hours a day and just 5 hours in between shifts in order to make a living. That's so sad, what a shame. I wish we could actually enjoy our lives and not just work until we die