*UPDATE 24/7/19* Pregnant or left over HCG?

Clare

This is my first time posting. I have spent many weeks reading everyone’s experiences and they have helped me through my own miscarriage more than you could ever know.

I was 9 weeks pregnant when I found out my baby didn’t have a heartbeat and I had a D&C on 12th June 2019. I bled for exactly 7 days and think that I ovulated shortly after.

I am now 38 days after D&C and still no period. I have terrible lower back pain, mood swings and emotions are running high. I took a pregnancy test last night and again this morning, both showing a very faint positive.

I don’t know if this is could be new pregnancy or left over HCG? Has anyone experienced something similar?

*UPDATE 24/7/19*

I went to the doctor today as still no period. She referred me to the Early Pregnancy Unit for an ultrasound tomorrow morning as a blood test could be inaccurate due to having a D&C?

Out of curiosity I bought the ‘Double Check & Date’ ClearBlue year afterwards. The positive cross came up straight away and apparently I conceived 2-3 weeks ago. I have no idea if this is too strong of a result for it to be left over hormones, or if this really is a new pregnancy?!