We had our first appointment on Friday at 8w4d and she couldn’t find the heartbeat on the Doppler. I wasn’t worried because I know it’s hard to hear that early on, so she asked me to come back this week to see if we can hear it then. I’m not worried necessarily but my husband wants to announce this weekend on social media. He has been dying to post something and gets frustrated when I tell him I’m not ready yet.
Now that we haven’t heard the heartbeat since the ultrasound at 7 weeks, I would like to wait till Thursday when we check with the Doppler again to see if we can hear something. In the off chance that something is wrong, I’m not comfortable posting anything yet. It’s going to be a tough conversation to have with him because I know how he feels about it.