My parents are irresponsible 🙄🙄

I love my parents, but they make such irresponsible life choices and it irritates my soul.

For example, they decided to build a pretty big and expensive house, KNOWING they couldn’t afford the payments. On top of it, they adopted two dogs that they can’t afford either. I know they can’t afford them because the oldest hasn’t gone to a vet in years and the youngest hasn’t gone all her life. They don’t get flea and tick medicine, shots, nail trims, nothing.

They skip mortgage payments almost every month but still make no changes to save. My dad is an alcoholic and spends almost $300/week on alcohol and my mom stopped working for about a year because she “didn’t like the schedule” of her job. That she thought it “was time to do something for her”.

They just got told by the mortgage company that they don’t qualify for their mortgage plan to be changed so I offered to take in the youngest dog. I figured it would be easier for them to find a place because the older dog is relaxed, low-maintenance, and sleeps most the time. I told my mom this and she said it was my choice because she plans on just returning them to the shelter. My heart breaks for these pups 💔