Need real help from formula mommies!!

Emma

My LO has severe acid reflux. She is on Zantac, and still throwing up every other day.

My ped suggested I switch formulas before we go to the zantac, to Enfamil AR - which is thickened with rice starch to maybe help her throw up less. It seemed to work in the beginning. But now we are on the formula and the prescription and still kinda where we started from, honestly.

I know the Zantac can take a week or two to start really correcting the stomach acid problem for her, so I still wanna give it a fair shot.

But maybe it’s time to switch her formula?? Any suggestions ? Because the formula is thickened, it’s SUPPOSED to be harder for baby to throw up, but all it does is choke her when it comes up now, and gets stuck in her nose - which scares her and me because she can’t breathe for a sec when it happens.

I thought maybe she is sensitive to milk, on top of the reflux? Or aren’t there some with like pre-digested proteins that are easier on babies tummy? We have tried Similac sensitive, Similac for spit up was horrible, she didn’t poop for days on that. I’d prefer to stay with Enfamil since she’s already on it now. 🙏🙏🙏 any help would be appreciated- especially from mamas that have been in similar situations. My ped is okay with me changing her formulas obviously, and I’m sure he could also make a suggestion or two, but sometimes anecdotal advice works best from people who have lived it.

Please; help my baby out. I hate seeing her in pain