Steriods while pregnant? HELP

April • 1- 🧒, TTC #2

I'm 19 weeks pregnant with severe asthma. 4 weeks ago I had a cold, since then the cold cleared up however the cough still stayed. I went to 3 different doctors because I could never get in to see my normal doctor. They all said the same thing, it's just an asthma flare up. Take your inhaler, blah blah blah. Eventually I got in to see my normal doctor. She did a full work up unlike the other doctors and she said it was severe congestion. (I'm having trouble breathing and constantly coughing while bringing nothing up) I haven't slept in 3 days because of the constant coughing anyway.

She prescribed me Prednisolone which is a steriod. Its a small dose of 25mg I need to take 2 tablets for the next 5 days. She did say there are risks however they are small risks considering the risks of not getting enough oxygen if I weren't to take them.

My question is, have you had to take these or similar during your pregnancy did any of the risks affect your baby? I've done some research and the risks are making me a little worried.