The fucking opossum. *EDIT*

So, for months this fucking opossum has been terrorizing me and my cats. (They kinda came with the house and now their mine.)

I first noticed it hiding behind my garbage bin. I scared it away. It hasn't got the hint and now it's big as fuck and comes to my porch to drink from my fountain and I don't have the heart to kill the nasty thing and scaring it off by throwing things by it isn't working so I just sprayed it with air freshener in hopes it gets the hint..

Also, I've called around no one can or will help. Apparently they're extremely territorial and can't be relocated or they'll be killed by whatever opossum has claimed that land as theirs..

If anyone knows how to get rid of one without having to directly kill it, that would be super.

**EDIT**

I've lived here almost 2 years. The opossum is new, it's not even full grown. I tried to scare it away as a baby and the SOB keeps coming back. We live in the country and this is legit the only one I've seen out here.

I will never attempt to tame a WILD animal. It's not a safe nor good thing for myself or the animal.