ALMOST BROKE UP

Last night my boyfriend of a year and I almost broke up. We had just left the gym and we’re feeling good and in great moods. We get in the car and I ask him a question and he gets very angry and snaps at me for no reason. He’s been doing this a lot lately. The car ride is silent except he said “ I’m sorry I’m not supportive and kind of an asshole all the time.” The rest of the car ride is silent. We get home and stand in the driveway. He says “ I don’t know what to do and I don’t know what’s going on with me. I keep snapping at you for no reason and I feel like we’re bickering a lot and I don’t know why” “ I can’t get rid of these thoughts of doubt and unhappiness lately and I don’t know what’s going on” “ sometimes I feel like maybe we should see other people” and then the infamous words “ should we just break up, if its meant to be it will be” . I just stood there silent. I stayed calm. I did not want to break up. He often gets overwhelmed by his emotions and i think this was what’s going on. We’ve been together a year and have never gone through such a rough patch like this. I explain to him that lately he’s been really stressed with work and life and that I think itsgetting to him. Doubts and worries are all normal in a relationship especially as they grow. I told him that I loved him and that i was all for working things out and that I didn’t want to break up. He said “ I just don’t know” and we sat there again. Eventually we hug and kiss and agree to sleep on it and talk in the morning. This morning he texted me and said “kick today’s butt cutie” . That seems like he doesn’t want to break up but honestly I’m just confused.