Overwhelmed 😩

br

So my birthday was this week, and honestly I'm really starting to think my birthday week is cursed 😩

Two years ago during my birthday week, my truck broke down, we ran out of gas on the way to my boyfriend's certification test, and his paycheck from work ripped, and we had to jump through hoops to get his paycheck.

Last year, our roommate decided to move out giving us last minute notice and trashing our place (damaged a door, ground mud and stuff into the carpets etc.) and it ruined our 20 year friendship. Also, my best friend's ex decided to try and get him thrown in jail saying he slashed her tires, when he was with us the whole day this supposedly happened. (He's still in jail waiting for his court date that they keep pushing back, and they won't accept our alibi...)

This year, my boyfriend's paycheck was $100 less than usual (worked same hours as usual and some over time..), our son is sick, my therapy appointment got cancelled, my grandma had a heart attack and is now in the hospital...

Honestly my birthday has always been depressing to me because I share it with my grandpa (he's exactly 50 years older than me) and he died at 53... So it's a really emotional time for me. My birthday week has been notorious for being awful, to the point that family and friends have said as much. I can't even enjoy my birthday, because leading up to it I feel so much dread. All I can think is "Oh God, what is this year going to bring..."

I know it sounds stupid, but I already struggle with depression, anxiety and paranoia... So I get that I'm the problem and I'm not actually cursed, but it's so hard to NOT feel like I am...