Bed Sharing

Does anyone else bed share with their little one?

I told myself I would absolutely never EVER bed share but when my LO grew out of her moses basket at 5 months old and we tried to move her into a co-sleeper crib she started screaming unless I put her in bed with me. Occasionally she'll sleep for a couple of hours in the crib but essentially she's been in my bed with me for about 6wks now.

I should add that I actually don't mind her being in bed with me. We follow The Lullaby Trust's guide on safe Co-Sleeping and she sleeps 12hrs a night on average without waking once through the night. My husband and I sleep amazingly because of this and my baby is always in such a good mood and is smashing through her milestones so I feel like if anything it is benefitting her.

My problem is other people's opinions. People ALWAYS want to know about baby's sleeping arrangements and how much they sleep etc whenever I speak to them (especially now I'm due to return to work soon and seeing old colleagues again) and I don't want people to judge me. I've had some people make comments and it makes me feel like I should keep trying her in her crib because it's the "right" or "normal" thing to do.

I tried putting her in her crib earlier tonight and left the room for 5 minutes to test out crying-it-out but when I came back into the room to comfort her she was in such a state I just couldn't carry on putting her (and me!) through it.

Any similar stories or solidarity please?