Sleep schedule for 4 week old?

A

Anyone else feel like they are failing as a ftm!🙋‍♀️

Starting to feel like I am doing it all wrong when it comes to naps and bedtime.

My baby is 4 weeks old and we have no bedtime routine yet and every time I try to have one it all goes wrong! Either he cluster feeds, or is suddenly wide awake after a feed, or eats for an extremely long time throwing off my whole plan! He sometimes gives us a 3hr maybe 4hr stretch when first put to bed but after that he wants to eat about every hour and 40 mins which only give me about 30 mins or so of sleep between feedings 😩 I never let him go more than 2 hours without a feed during the day and try to get him to feed on both sides but sometimes he falls asleep and I can’t get him up.

Also, he has been sleeping in his bassinet at night but during the day I let him sleep in the living room near me. Should I be making him nap in the bassinet?? Is he too young to worry about this?

We are swaddling with arms out and have been pretty much since he came home because he rolls onto his side easily.

Last night we tried the “dream feed” thing but it totally failed. He woke up under every 2 hours afterwards 🤦🏼‍♀️

Any advice or if you can relate please comment!