My Second Homebirth

Mindy

This is a couple months late, but thought I'd still share! Sorry it so long.

I was due October 15th. The week before I felt alot of Braxton hicks and was wondering if I would go in labor early. My last baby came a week early. So the week slowly went by then on Saturday the 12th I lost my mucus plug in the evening and had contractions about 1 an hour apart during the night, but they weren't to painful. I new it could still be a few days before I had her but I called and let my midwife know I may go into labor. Sunday morning I got up and had a few but they weren't that close together so I got ready and went to church. I had 2 contractions during church that I had to breath through, but it still wasn't very intense as I knew it would get. After church we went out to eat and they started picking up, so I went home to rest if I was going to go into labor soon. They started to slow down again but I still couldn't sleep through them. We have 2 church serves on Sunday, so I got up at went back for the 2nd serve since they slowed down. Again I had 2 during church about a minute long. Afterwards my sister was like "we will come to your house to eat so you don't have to go out to eat." I was like "um ok." Lol!! But I just wanted to just take a bath at go to sleep, but of course I didn't want to say anything. And my sister was just trying to be thoughtful for me so I didnt feel like I had to go out and eat . So her family came over and made dinner. I would help a little then run back to my room when a contraction hit and would bounce on the exercise ball. They left about 10 PM and so I put my toddler to bed and went to relax in the bath tub for a bit before I got in bed. Well while I was in there I had a very intense contraction hit about a minute long and then another one about 5 to 10 minutes later. After that I was like I'm getting out those hurt. So i got ready for bed and laid down. Contractions then started picking as soon as I got out of the bath. My husband was saying I probably needed to call the midwife and I was like no this can't be it yet. I kept comparing it to my first labor that was very slow and long about 30 hours. Well I finally started timing it and they were hitting every 4 minutes or less and about a minute long. I wanted to just get some sleep before labor picked up, which it already had and I was in denial I was in active labor. Lol! I got in the shower to again try and relax but I just started shaking like crazy and I couldn't get warm I felt I was going to fall over with how bad I was shaking, so my husband helped me get out and in bed and said "I am call the Midwife, your in labor." When he called and told her everything she was like yep she's in labor. I forgot to say that my Mother in headed our way 3 in the afternoon to help me untill the baby came and watch my 2 year old during labor. She lives 7 hours from us. She went to town and got me some snacks to eat while I was in labor. It was so sweet of her! My Midwife got there and started getting everything all spread out and ready! She checked me and I was a 4. She wanted me to sit on a birthing stool she brought to help move the baby down. Once I sat on that those contractions became so intense and strong. I'm not sure how long I was in there but then I started pushing to help with the pain, but my midwife told me not to unless my body was the one doing it. So after a bit I felt my body pushing and then my Midwife checked me again and I was a 7. She said" no wonder you want to push." So she had me get back on that birth stool for another 1/2 hour so then she was like that baby is ready to come out so I laid and the bed and she worked the baby out with oil so I didn't tare. My first I had standing up and tore and I didn't want to go through that again. After 17 minutes of pushing she was here! She was all healthy! My midwife was amazing! I finally got up and took an nice warm shower while my husband held the baby. Then my midwife helped me back in bed. After i was all settled in we looked over and my husband was sound asleep with the baby right next to him. It was so sweet. My active Labor was 3 hour and 47 minutes. It was amazing how it all turned out. So fast and intense but I wouldn't want it any another way! I am so thankful and blessed for having the opportunity of having another home birth. Being able to stay in your own place going through labor is amazing!

We named her Joanna Rose

She was 6lb 14oz and 20 inches long born at 3:30 am on the 14th

Meeting baby Sister for the first time!

This was taken when Joanna was a month old on Thanksgiving day!