Please help. I need an answer quick

Ok so basically I told my friend I was planning to sneak out on a trip alone in the middle of the night. I’m female, so obviously it would be a bad idea and very dangerous. I’m aware, but I do not care. I’m very restricted at home and my mental health is not very good, and I’ve been needing to find a way to escape mentally and physically, so this was my plan. At this point I could care less about my safety because I’ve been needing to escape. Anyway I tell my friend this late at night and honestly should’ve kept it to myself. But basically he tells me not to and says he would snitch on me and get me in massive trouble if I ever did. He said if anything ever happened to me he would not forgive himself. I end up being pissed, and start an argument. Yes I know it’s dangerous, but honestly I really need to leave. Of course I would come back, but I temporarily need to be on my own for a couple of hours in the dark and silent. I really do. He goes on and makes me promise to not do it. I promise him because he keeps saying it would ruin his trip and him as a person if I did. I’m still mad but I know he’s right, and it’s also Christmas, so should I thank him for caring for me? I want to say thank you but I should not be his concern, but then he’ll go on about it and we would argue again. I care about him more than I care about myself, so I promised I wouldn’t do it, but at the same time I never do anything for myself. And I really want to leave, just for a bit. I’m going to break, I know I am. If I can’t do this I will be really fucked up. He doesn’t understand. But at the same time he is right. I just want to talk to him again. I need to respond so what do I say?