Newborn sleep v lounging

As

I need some feedback on what i can do. My baby is 12 days old. if baby falls asleep at the boob, i generally put him down to sleep in his crib after burping. If he wakes up right after, and its daytime, i pick him up & see if he falls asleep again or stays up. I hate leaving an awake baby in the crib during the day. If its nighttime & he does this, i tend to leave him in crib for a few minutes (only if he does not cry. If he cries, we pick him up right away) if he is awake and is making some noise, kicking his legs, flailing arms and then he calms back down and stops moving for a few minutes before he starts moving again. He seems to either be in and out of sleep or just hanging out. We dont leave baby in crib crying- day or night. My thought with leaving him in crib if hes not crying is that maybe he can self-soothe (somewhat) to sleep at night so we give him some time as long as hes not crying. We are trying to do night reversal and know it’ll take a long time before this catches on. But should i be doing something different with the sleep during daytime versus nighttime? Or just do the same for both day and nighttime sleep?

Any tips, advice or considerations are welcomed! Thanks in advance!