Thoughts on having a family member stay

De

Hey guys. Just wanted to see how other moms are feeling about having a family member stay to help with a new born.

I have a scheduled C section for April 27th. We have a 3 year old, and I am a stay at home mom. My husband works 50+ hours a week and his job isn’t shutting down, even if a “shelter in place” order happens. We live in a small town in west Texas. (No confirmed cases YET).

My mother is deceased, but my grandmother raised me my whole life anyway. We live around 6 hours from any friends or family. My husband will be home for a week after our son is born but has to go back after that. Before this Covid19 pandemic started we had planned for my grandmother to stay 2-3 weeks with us, as she did the same when our first son was born. She’s in her 60s.

I am just wondering what other moms are feeling during a time like this. If my grandmother does not come to visit I will have no support person at the hospital (right now we are allowed one). Because my husband would have to stay with our 3 year old at home. But I am terrified of getting sick and exposing her. My son and I haven’t left the house, in going on, 4 weeks now. Except I did go to my prenatal appointment last week. My husband does grocery pick up so he hasn’t been around anyone except his co workers. Even with all the precautions I am still worried about getting sick. I am really worried about not being about to have my husband be there when his son is born or during my c section recovery.

I plan on mentioning it to my doctor to see what he says, but I just wanted to get some opinions from other moms due to give birth during this pandemic.