This paranoia is unhealthy

☣X

Is the virus serious? Yes of course.

Is all this paranoia worth it? Absolutely not.

I went to Menard's yesterday. We've been cooped up in the house with very little to do, and we needed a project to do at home that would last us a few weeks. I went by myself. As soon as I got out of my car, I sanitized my hands. I sanitized the cart I used. I never got within 6 feet of another person and didn't talk to anyone. Didn't even open my mouth. I only touched what I knew I was buying. I ended up with a ton of lawncare supplies and garden landscaping bricks. Used the self checkout and watched one of the employees wipe it down after I used it on my way out.

I think I only got a few things that we actually needed, including dish soap and batteries. Yep, the rest was for home projects.

I took the appropriate level of caution and safety. I will not be told to hide in my home, and what I can and cannot buy. However, I understand that this is a time where I need to be very cautious, both for myself and others. And I feel very confident that I will not contract or spread anything to others. It was the first time in 2 weeks that I actually ventured out aside from going to work. I planned that short shopping trip 2 days beforehand, making sure I only needed to go out once.

This paranoia is crazy. Y'all can go places. As long as you're being safe. I've seen people get attacked so viciously for going out, it's insane. How about if someone wants to go out, we offer advice and suggestions for being safe? Brand recommendations for sanitizer and masks? What time of day/day of the week might be best? Stop putting people down and actually offer some decent advice instead of "Wow bitch you're a disgusting person you need to hide in your home or else!" Fuck no. Stop spreading paranoia and hate.