Shes here ๐Ÿ’œ

Sammi โ€ข ๐Ÿ‘ผ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘ผ๐Ÿผโค๐Ÿ’™ ๐Ÿ‘ผ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘ผ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ‘ผ๐Ÿผโค๐Ÿ‘ผ๐Ÿผ

My 4th and last baby finally made her appearance today at 39 weeks and 4 days. I came into the hospital for an induction on 11th april and she was born today 14th april at 17:57.

I had 2 failed inductions and due to a previous section they could only offer me my waters being broken. However because my cervix was still posterior and so far back they had a hard time, but they managed to finally break them for me at 10:35am. Contractions started pretty much straight away. I took them in my stride until around 4pm when I couldn't just breathe them away so I started on gas and air.

They picked up in intensity but not in frequency. Every time I sat down they pretty much slowed down to 2 in 10 minutes which isn't helpful in getting a baby out.

Because of this I was getting really tired so asked for more pain relief. The midwife told me that every time I was getting a contraction it was causing babys heart rate to dip. So she attached a clip to her head, hooked me up to a saline drip and got me to lie on my left side, which worked wonders and got her heart rate up. It had to stay up for half an hour before theyd give me more pain relief.

She eventually assessed me to see where I was at in order for me to get an epidural. I was still at 6cm where I had been the last 2 hours. So she agreed on the epidural and went to get it prescribed for me.

She said she was gone three minutes max. And in that time I had 3 back to back really severe contractions seemingly out of nowhere and on the third, I had an overwhelming urge to push and nothing was stopping it. So I was in the room alone as my partner had to stay home to watch our other children, and the midwife had gone to source an epidural.

I was screaming as I was scared of the pushing being only 6cm. I was like the exorcist shouting for the midwife. She just got here in time for my daughter to make her entrance. Just 3 pushes and she was out. 2 for the head and one for the shoulders.

It was absolutely amazing. I even got to cut her cord and then gave her her first breast feed before she was taken to be weighed. And she was 8lb 2oz. She is absolutely perfect.

And to think I did it with no one there besides me and my midwife is amazing.