Birth control KILLED my sex drive

Emily

Hi! A few months ago I started taking birth control regularly. A few months in and I started realizing that I had pretty much absolutely no interest in having sex what so ever. Even when I tried to make it happen, it just, went no where. It was like all of a sudden my desire to be intimate disappeared never to be seen again!

I’ve done a small amount of reading and found out that a study was done including just under 9,000 women. 21% noticed a spike in their sex drive, while 15% noticed their sex drive to be lower.

It gave me a little peace knowing I’m not alone. The article also said that symptoms of birth control will sometimes disappear after a few months, so there is still hope! If nothing changes down the road I will be looking into a med change.

I’m lucky to have a good partner who understands. He told me that sex is not required and he loves me regardless. That also helps ease my mind while this goes one. I’ve been so worried that he’ll think badly about it. But I know he’s a good understanding guy.

What I wanted to know who else has this issue? I wanna hear about it! It’s good to know we are not alone!