Losing my virginity

Hi all!

So I just turned 21 recently, and I’ve been seeing my partner for well over a year.

I was raised in a strict catholic house hold.

So much that even sitting next to a boy was a problem. Well I’m out on my own now, and I’ve stopped taking religion so seriously.

My partner and I are ready to take our relationship further. He is not a virgin, but I am.

We have talked about it, and we both expressed interest. But I have a few questions.

(I have been sexually active, with oral sex and with hands, but I’ve never done the deed)

So here it does:

What happens if it doesn’t feel good?

I know that for many women their first time isn’t great, I’ve heard stories from friends that it was a little painful. How can I help this? I know good foreplay and lube but any other suggestions?

I’m not on any birth control, but we are using condoms. Should I buy a Plan B, or other emergency secondary contraceptives just in case? I have no doubt I will be paranoid even if the condom is safe.

I know a lot of women don’t orgasm with penetration, but is it still enjoyable? I’ve been able to climax with finger penetration, but is it a whole new deal with.. the other thing? Haha

And lastly, psychologically I think I’m ready, but sometimes I do think about it and I get nervous.

Sounds juvenile, but what if we split up, or something of that sorts.

I love him, and that’s part of the reason I’m even considering it. I know he’s looking forward to it as well; but if something happens and I’m not ready in the heat of the moment, what’s the best way to say it.

I’m not saying he will Be upset, he’s very respectful and understanding of boundaries. I just don’t know what words to use.

Thanks!