How old is too old? *READ*

Luda • It’s not enough to not be racist, be anti-racist • PhD student in Behavioral Health Leadership • Boy mom x2

My husband and I had an interesting talk today. I am going to the OB/GYN for a pap smear and to get some possible infertility testing. We have a 4 year old and a 6 year old. I told my husband that our 4 year old is at school, but I needed him to stay with our 6 year old. He was confused as to why the 6 year old couldn’t go. I told him that I think they are too old now. Little little like 1-3 is whatever because they aren’t really super aware and will forget. He said it isn’t something to be sexualized and although I agree, it’s not really something I want my boys seeing and being all up in the mix with. How old is too old for your children to be present during a papsmear?

Side note: To me, he’s just my other son but for transparency purposes, the 6 year old is my stepson that I’ve been sound since he was 2. Which sort of furthers my feelings anyways. I’m not around him super often (he lives across country) and although he’s no different to me than my son, I know to him, I’m not “mom” and it would probably make him super uncomfortable anyways.

Vote below to see results!