COVID might end my marriage.

My husband and I have been married 2 years. We have had some mild differences in the past but nothing we couldn't work through.

We live in WA and today the Governor ordered that masks are mandatory in public places, violation is a misdemeanor punishable with up to a $1000 fine and 90 days in jail.

Now, I have been wearing a mask in public since this whole thing started. I do it because I care about the people around me, the vulnerable elder in my family, and I want to be responsible and do my part during this global pandemic.

My husband however does not. He adamantly refuses to wear one. He's the "Government can't tell ME what to do, I have constitutional rights" type. He said that he will not be wearing one and if the police try to charge him he will take the case all the way to the supreme court.

He also tried to forbid me from having our 5 year old (my daughter from a previous relationship but he has been the only father she knows) from wearing a mask because it will "traumatize her." He thinks I'm a sheep for wearing a mask.

He got really upset with me when I explained that I will continue to wear a mask. He thinks I should be taking a stand against the mask order along with him. He ended up saying "well, at least I know who you REALLY are now" and stormed out, slamming the door behind him.

When we met he was a hardcore liberal. But now he has drifted so far right that he practically worships Donald Trump. I don't know what's happend to him.

I just need advice on how to navigate this. We also have a 14 month old and I'm 12 weeks pregnant so "just leave him" is a pretty complicated suggestion.