Manager is someone who I wasn’t expecting

Audrey

I work in a tapioca/boba cafe, and it’s almost been a year since I’ve worked. Despite it not being the best job, I like this job and I enjoy every bit of it. I like how I get along with co workers, and my boss treats me very well. I also thought I got along with my manager. What I enjoy the most is seeing people drink to their content and enjoyment and greeting and saying goodbye to the customers mean a lot. It warms my heart.

Recently I’ve been getting only 1 shift lately, I usually get 3-4 back then and this bothered me a bit. I wanted to know what’s going on and see if something’s wrong. I would’ve assumed it was due to the pandemic that business is slowing down and that’s caused a change or two with the employee’s shifts. For me, that wasn’t the case. I politely talked to my manager yesterday and what he told me shocked me. He said I wasn’t giving good service, and he’s been receiving complaints about me in specific and that I wasn’t getting along with co workers. It broke my heart what I heard, I don’t recall a time ever causing a scene with a customer or a co worker. I wanted to ask for proof but I decided not to in order to preserve myself. He then told me in order to work more shifts, i must improve I had no choice but to admit that I was “wrong”. This moment hurt me, I held my tears back until I went home. I’m devastated on what happened and this affected a bit of my self-esteem.

Has any of this ever happened to you? If it were you, what would you do?