Trials turn to JOY!

J

As a single mom to two sweet boys I just signed on my first formal apartment and got my keys this morning!

I left home at 17 to chase a dream/career that just took off. I was raped at 19 and fell pregnant, my fast tracking successful career quickly derailed, I moved back home, sacrificed so much to be able to “be home” with my son, nannying and working at a kennel where I was able to have him with me.

I finally started dating and met my younger sons dad, which I now realize he fulfilled a need for comfort, love, and belonging for a moment but red flags waved and I left as soon as I saw them. A week and a half later found out we had gotten pregnant despite my being on birth control.

The last year and a half has been SO hard between court, postpartum, stress, etc, the last three and a half, harder. Overcoming trauma, loss of innocence, grieving my hopes, dealing with a toxic ex with as much grace as I can muster and so much more.

I’ve worked so many odds and ends jobs to be with them as much as possible in their early years, I never thought it was possible for me to get an apartment on my own let alone with two kids!!

It’s slightly terrifying, a responsibility I’ve never had, in a place I don’t know when I’ve only ever lived in the country, but it will be so so good!

So much JOY!!!!