Nightmares about abusive ex

Well title says it all. I was honestly so grateful just to get out of that relationship after being threatened for a year to stay in it. He would threaten me and my family, he would drop by my house in the middle of the night to tell me he wanted to buy a gun, and told me if I called the police he would make my life a living hell. Even when we where actually dating, he forced me into a lot of sexual things.

I had to call the police anyway and get a restraining order. Best thing I ever did. But following that, he would still email me at-least once a week for months. I was too scared to see him again in court, so I just saved the emails for a time when I could use it against him if I really needed too.

Anyway I have not heard from him since April, we have been broken up for over a year and a half now. Ive been healing and I’m not so fearful anymore, I even got into a new relationship! I’ve made a lot of progress and I’m super proud. But lately I keep getting scary nightmares about my ex and I don’t know why? Last night I had a dream that he showed up at my house again and came to threaten me again. How do I stop this? I don’t even really feel scared of him anymore, I recently got my black belt, I keep a taser in my purse, I have the personal phone number of two trusted police officers who check up on me every few months who know the situation. I don’t have a valid reason to be scared anymore. But I keep waking up sweating and panting, can anyone tel me ways to stop dreaming about it?