I need some sort of advice /support

My children’s father is an alcoholic. Has been since I’ve known him, I just had no idea at the time. He was very good at hiding it for a while until he got worse and worse. He’s been to detox twice in three years and he was sober for one month each time. I now see it’s getting bad again. Our sons are two and 7 months. He doesn’t spend any time with them. And when he does see them I feel like he’s not a good role model at all. He’s never left alone with the kids and now seeing that he’s hiding his drinking and smelling like straight liquor when he walks into the room, I’m scared to even take my eyes off of the boys when he’s around. I’m worried that he’s also on something besides alcohol. He’s been having bloody noses and the other night the while outside of his nose was white. When I said something blames it on his nose being so dry and talked about how it for 10 minutes-seemed sketchy to me. Any advice would be so appreciated. I’ve tried talking to him about the drinking so many times and it’s a full blown fight every time. He denies denies denies. I’m at a loss. I don’t want me sons growing up seeing this. I’m not sure what to do.

I just found two vodka drinks in the garbage From last night after I went to bed at 10:30. My two year old still sleep with me and I’m worried about him coming to bed and not knowing how much he’s drank or what he’s on.