Overreacting over a dog

Ok. My husband tells me that I’m highly over reacting over a dog. Let me explain. So we have been together for almost ten years. We started out in a apt that wouldn’t allow pet. Then we got married and had a condo but pet were allowed with a pet fee. We didn’t get one because the pet fee was high. So this year we bought a house in Jan and settled in. So I brought up about getting a inside dog. He said no that it’s not a good idea because we not have kids and he would be the one having to potty train it and he doesn’t want to take on that responsibility when we trying to potty train our toddler. But he and I always talked about getting a dog but now he changing his mind. He said it can be on the outside. But we have a dog outside. That’s not what I want. So he made it a point about accidents and the responsibility he just doesn’t want to deal with because he is with the kids during the day (he works nights) and I’m not at home to take the dog out. I don’t know what to do. I want a inside small dog (chihuahua or yorkie) and he not letting up. The dog we got outside he takes care of. That’s his dog tho. He got it for him and says it’s for our safety cuz it’ll bark to let us know if something outside. He walks nom and everything. But he not mine. He even said if I get one that not gonna take it out cuz that’s not he wants. So do I just deal with it and accept it? Or what???