Trying to keep positive...

Linda

I was diagnosed about 5 weeks ago with gestational diabetes. I’m 30+2 today and my doctor told us that the placenta hasn’t moved since the 20 week anatomy scan and is on the edge of my cervix so if it doesn’t move by 35 weeks or so, my doctor will no longer consider natural birth. I have only ever wanted to have my children be born naturally because my siblings and I were all natural births. I don’t think I’m afraid of a c-section either. I’m more or less just extremely disappointed that the birth of my first child will probably be a c-section and not the natural birth I’ve dreamed about. I start insulin soon and that on top of everything else has me very stressed out. I don’t know what to do but pray the placenta moves and my blood sugar numbers stay low enough that the baby will be safe. At 33 weeks I’ll start going in twice a week to my doctor to monitor our baby’s heart rate. Is there any hope for the placenta at this point? The one attached to my kid at the moment I feel is really screwing me over and I’m trying to remain positive but I’m at a loss. Words of encouragement will be greatly appreciated. Thanks 💜