Advice about a harassing ex

Tess • Nari Lyn 11/13/17•Emma Rose 3/17/19•Pierce James 9/28/20•Willow Grace 3/22/22

Sorry for this being long I just really need advice!

My ex (father of two of my children) and I just broke up over the fact that I allowed my mother to spank our child while I was handling raw meat and cooking due to her kicking and hitting my mother for not getting her pretzel sticks and wouldnt stop after we both asked multiple times for her to stop. She popped her on the pull up and my daughter didn’t even flinch.

Last two times we broke up he was so angry he smashed his guitar on my porch in the backyard(we dont live together I live with my grandmother because she is not well). The second time he and I were talking through the door, I had a chain lock on and I went to close the door because I didn’t invite him in but he stuck his foot and arm through so I couldn’t. I then put my hand through the door(I couldn’t see where my hand was going) and pushed him back so I could close my door. Well according to him I hit him in the face. He forced himself through the door and broke my lock and proceeded to scream at the top of his lungs at me and making my two toddlers scream because they were scared and (i was pregnant at the time this was last year) he kept smacking me upside the head. I tried calling 911 but he took every phone in my house away from me and hung up on 911.

As of right now he is harassing me over messages calling me everything in the book and wont talk civilly to me at all, I had to block him to stop it but I cant block him forever because I have his kids. Im a little scared (he’s out of town working) that when he comes back to state he’ll come here and take out his anger. Is there a way legally I can handle this? Or do I have to deal with it?