Do I have a right to be annoyed?

Sydney

I’m in high school and so is my boyfriend. We’re both Juniors.

My boyfriend usually stays up until midnight- 2am even on school nights, playing video games. Then his grades suffer because he’s too tired or doesn’t want to do his homework.

We usually meet before school in the parking lot and then walk in together. Because of COVID, people either have the option to be online or in person. Today he’s online, because he slept in and woke up at 8:10 even though school starts at 8. So he’s definitely late to come into school, but he’s also late for the class Zoom meeting. I’m honestly so annoyed because all he has to do is wake up at 7:30 to get to school on time. Maybe I’m overreacting and trying to control him without meaning to. This has happened before too, so it’s not the first time.

I am also the type of person that has all A’s, and I force myself to go to sleep at a reasonable time (10-11 pm) on school nights. I also make myself do my homework because I know that it will affect my future. I am planning on going to college and he is planning on going into a trade (probably HVAC)

Should I talk to him about it and explain how it bother me, or no?

Answer in the poll please: Do you think I have a right to be mad or annoyed?

Thank you, and any advice is appreciated. Sorry for the long post

Vote below to see results!