iPad 3 year old

PLEASE no judgement. We have a 3 year old and a 4 month old...so you can imagine our nights are crap. We are living off of barely any sleep (4 month regression plus our 3 year old is back to waking up).

We’ve never had an issue with the iPad. I had an extra, so we “gave” it to my toddler when she was like 2. We downloaded fun games for her with shapes and colors, numbers, letters, etc and she’d play on it. Even though she had it, she’d still choose other toys over the iPad. She LOVES outdoors so that was always chosen over the iPad too. This made me feel like there was no “addiction”. I figured hey my kid would rather play and build blocks or go for a walk than watch her iPad. Well recently, things have changed. We still have fun games on there for her plus kids YouTube. We monitor everything very closely. But the last couple weeks something switched and now she is constantly asking for it. I’ve had to use it for consequences...”you’ll lose your iPad if you don’t clean up these toys” (I’ll probably get bashed for doing that). She’s also testing boundaries left and right and I think jealous of her new sister. Basically it all feels like a big mess. SO...how can I take the iPad away and reintroduce it responsibly. I don’t want to get rid of it...she plays some good things on there including her osmo. Also the videos she watches (like peppa etc) I see her use the same storylines during imaginative play with her toys and barbies. I just need some advice without anyone ripping into me about screen time. I know technology is her future (I’m a teacher and the kids are learning on the computers now even in person).