Hypothyroidism, Husband Low Drive, Fears

We've been trying to conceive for 4 months, this month is month 5. I know it hasn't been long, but I was diagnosed with Hypothyroidism a year ago when I got my IUD out to start trying. My doctor's appointment in the new state were in isn't until the end of the month. I just started tracking my ovulation and it looks like I'm ovulating on day 26 of my cycle (trying to confirm by continuing to test 2x a day) but I'm so stressed. We started doing research into hypothyroidism and Hashimotos (I'm being tested for hashis at my appointment). If I'm ovulating so late I would always flush the fertilized egg out with my period. My husband doesn't understand and says "we'll make it work! We have strong babies! Theyll be fine!". Keep in mind, we only have 1 child and I wasn't diagnosed in my first pregnancy so I don't know where he gets that idea. He also has almost no drive ever. Whether I tell him I'm ovulating or leave ovulation a mystery. He gets really depressed about it too and wants to have a baby but just doesn't want sex. When we do it he usually talks about how it's for a baby but it will be during my period or after ovulation. It's like he has no idea how this all works. I'm going crazy, I don't know if we should keep trying this month, or just skip. If my thyroid levels aren't correct (Ive gained 55lbs in the last 2 years so I know they're still wrong) it could cause birth defects and developmental issues etc and I feel like I'm just not meant to be a mom again...but I want another baby more than anything. It's just a lot. Sorry for the rant...may 25th was the 26th day of my cycle...this week's supposed to be my ovulation week and nothing so far...