My boyfriend doesn’t like to shower…

So my boyfriend (21) has terrible issues with hygiene sometimes and anytime I bring it up he gets mad, but hygiene is a big deal. I obviously don’t want to do stuff with him and don’t want him in my bed unless he showers. Like just now he got in bed after not showering for two days and I asked him to put on deodorant at least because he didn’t smell good, but I didn’t say that I just asked him to put on deodorant and he got mad and slammed the door and went to go shower. Why was it that big of a deal to put on some deodorant? I’m sick of this it’s gross. He never smells good and he doesn’t care. Even his breath doesn’t smell good. I’ve been with him for 5 years, but I’m not sure I want to be with a grown man who can’t even shower or at least wash up/ put on deodorant when he stinks. What do I do about this issue if I can’t talk to him about it without him getting mad? I don’t think it’s worth breaking up over, but I’m tired of him getting mad and going to sleep on the couch rather than showering.