Daddy put-down advice

Beckie

I’m having trouble with my SO because the baby just won’t go to sleep for him. This is true, but he also won’t take my advice for how to get her to sleep. The biggest one is just stop talking! His voice wakes her up all the time, but even when I’m trying to get her to sleep I stop talking or really engaging with her so she’s bored. I’ve watched him on the monitor and he just cannot stop talking. I’ve told him he can put her in the stroller and walk up and down the driveway since that works. Or put her in the crib and let her cry (either until she’s asleep or just a few minutes to tire herself out) but he won’t. He only has her by himself for two mornings a week so that’s the only time it comes up, but he gets really frustrated every time. It’s gone far enough that he doesn’t want me to breastfeed any future children because he thinks that’s why he can’t get her to settle down. She’s not a good sleeper as it is. Even at daycare they just rock her to sleep and then hold her, so she doesn’t wake up the whole school. My point is, no one has the answer, we all struggle to get her to sleep. He just has the hardest time and gets really upset by it. Any ideas about how to get her to sleep for him? Or anyway to get him to try different things? He’s willing to put her in the car and take her for a drive which knocks her out, but that’s it. He’s not the most receptive to other people’s suggestions, but I’m willing to try…. tia