Can you get sue for a photoshop a message?

So my brother in law didn’t allow my parents and I see our nephews for almost a year and it wasn’t because of covid. My brother in law always had a issue with us he got bother of us because we use to live at his brother’s property in a trailer. My brother in law kicked my parents and including us out of his brothers probably without his brother knowing and we look for a place to move. After that is when he didn’t let us come visit the kids this was pre covid! My dad called my brother in law one day to see if it was ok to buy one of the kids a Nintendo switch because it was something that he wanted to have and he said no to the point where he told my dad to leave him alone and my sister called my dad saying she was sorry but her husband was right but my dad told him he is not right we believe we have the rights to see the kids because every are family we aren’t any type of harming family at all. My dad told my sister not to ever call her or go see him if she was going to be with that mentality. Later that day my cousin calls my mom saying that if my sister dies from being upset of the situation that my brother in law was going to sue us and take us to court. Have in Mind I have all these voice recordings I recorded everything because I just know my brother in law. This cousin has been giving us a big headache so much and I was in a place where I wanted to show my sister she was a wrong person so I decided to take a screenshot and photoshop messages she never sent to me and after I photoshop it I blocked her and showed one of my other sisters. Who showed the sister who got the communication with her. She called me today saying she was going to sue me because of me photoshopping the text message under her name and I was going to court to pay for that. Is there a way I’m actually in a big problem? I feel like I’m in a point where I can’t with all these problems anymore. Things with my family has not been okay anymore. I just don’t want to give my mom problems anymore. I’m very sorry for texting you. I had no other professional person to talk to so I thought about reaching out to you.

Thank you so much.