Screentime is a constant fight

Caitlin

Y'all, I am tired and tired of fighting my spouse on this. I have SO MUCH mom guilt over screentime. We used it way too much during the pandemic while we were both working with no childcare. We use it during long drives to keep ourselves sane. So, I don't want to just default to it at home if we can avoid it. But my spouse refuses to multitask. If I am busy and he needs to do something, he sticks my LO in front of the TV. I've tried sharing the research from the AAP/WHO but he just gets defensive like I'm saying he's a bad parent. Today I came in the room from a work call, my husband was making lunch, and he had a YouTube video on for our son that he clearly didn't vet, with no educational purpose whatsoever...it was like an aggressive rocketship chasing an Octopus?? My LO even looked scared but of course couldn't tear his eyes away. It turned into an immediate fight. It's such lazy parenting. I feel like we're failing our son and it's making me harbour real resentment towards my husband. Am I making too big of a deal over this?? 😟