Would you accept this job?

I just graduated college and I’m entering in my second interview process for this job I applied for. Basically it’s working for a union where you negotiate contracts for the union members and stand up for them so they don’t get stepped on by their employers. It’s kind of a little business, a little political.

PROS:

*it pays $52,000 a year (this is WAY more money than I would make starting off somewhere else. I just have a bachelor’s in psychology and other jobs are only offering like $30,000.

*their benefits are AMAZING and unheard of. They pay 100% for your health insurance costs, give you a monthly allowance and 100% retirement match, good time off etc.

*the work would be extremely meaningful

*the company sometimes travels, she told me that she got to meet a couple of presidents in Washington DC!

*they pay weekly rather than biweekly

CONS:

*I would have to work 50-55 hours a week. I’m 22 and I don’t have any kids so this wouldn’t be too difficult, but I do have a family/a boyfriend of 7 years that I love spending time with. I do need to save up money for a down payment on a house so I can move out of my parents’ home and pay off my student loans.

*I would occasionally need to travel 150 miles one way (about 2.5 hours away from my house) for business meetings a couple times per month. Usually won’t have to stay overnight but if I do, they will pay all hotel costs.

Vote below to see results!