In law problems

So I want to clarify my husband does stand up for me to his family but they like to talk a lot of shit. It all started when his grandmother demanded that she was coming when we gave birth to our child and we could do nothing about it. I said no because it’s Covid and they live on the east coast and we live on the west. We were only have a few people from each side come. We wanted to make sure our baby stays safe and everyone else is healthy. No only that but his grandma has a lot of health issue. Well when I said no it started a lot of drama. We made it clear why we didn’t want people coming and that was our final decision. Ever since then anything my husband can’t do they find a way to blame me even if it is completely out of my control! Like him having to go away for work around the time of his sisters wedding. Nothing I could do about it and my baby will also still be too tiny and I’m not taking her on a plane. Just because the baby and I can’t go my husband obviously could go. The work thing popped up last minute and I told him to just let his sister know and to decide what she wanted to do for the wedding but since he couldn’t make it or possibly can’t make it it’s my fault for not wanting to get on a plane, it’s also my fault he can’t clarify with work how long this trip is going to be. I have decided I will no longer be talking to them and it’s almost to the point that they will not be allowed around our child due to how bad they bad mouth me and I’m not going to allow that around my baby. They have over stepped many times. I’m wondering how my husband can officially make they stop talking to him like that about me and what I can do as well? I have said my side of the story to them, I don’t know if they want an apology for whatever. Any advice would be great.