is my bf toxic and forceful or am i overreacting

Anna

I have been dating my boyfriend for 8 months now, which is the longest I've dated someone (I know its not much to brag about haha). Recently I have been having doubts about our relationship, but I am worried it is me being noncommittal.

Instead of breaking up with him right on the spot I have been trying to gather my thoughts. I have been assaulted quite a few times in my life so it makes it very hard for me to trust someone. So being with someone this long is quite special for me.

But since this is my first really long relationship I have decided to push myself a lot. Especially in sex, I thought at first I was just being nervous, but I realize now that multiple times things we have done are unconsensual. He asks for consent but I never really say yes I just sit there thinking for a while and then nod quietly and he takes it as a yes and never asks again. I don't know if its my fault for not saying something, but I tend to go mute in sexual situations because I get scared.

He also brings up how "I would never be able to leave him" ??? Which scares me a little but I think he was just being nice maybe. He always is usually 1-3 hours late for hanging out with me after I have brought up multiple times that he needs to get better at time management and it makes me sad when he is late. He also gets upset I can't be out after 2 AM because I have school in the mornings.

I don't know if this applies but i have also seen him kick his dog multiple times and yelling and swearing at his mother for reminding him to clean his room while I was there. I also c*t myself a lot and he is very mad at me for doing it which is understandable but instead of trying to help he slams his fist down next to me or by my head and yells and then gives me the silent treatment if I admit to c*tting.

Now that I have distanced myself a bit he has started saying things about how he thinks I will break up with him and it makes me feel really sad because I don't know what to do, I don't want to hurt him.

Sorry this was long,, so do you guys think I'm the asshole and overreacting or am I right and I should leave him? Thank you for reading