Hi everyone, just an update

GRACE Lilith • Previously Lilith DV survivor

I feel like some of y’all deserve an update on sole survivor. Unfortunately at 3 days old she passed away.

2 of out 30 eggs hatched, I talked to a local game farmer (a different one than from where I got these eggs I tried to hatch) and he said it looked genetic after I sent him videos of my chicks just being unable to walk. I talked to the grandson of the people who gave me eggs and he told me they had been inbred for years and also had bubble foot bred into them which is a why they couldn’t walk. This is a major reason they shut down is because they don’t produce healthy birds anymore. They gave me free eggs even though they’re shut down because I had been a long time loyal customer.

Sole survivor and her friends are in a grave outback because I did everything I could possibly do. Electrolytes, probiotics, syringe feeding, I lost 3 night of sleep and she just got tired that 3rd day and passed away in my hands. It was devastating to me. I went and bought healthy hatched chicks from the other game farm just out of grief I think.

But there will be babies. My mom asked me to incubate her some chicken eggs so I have 10 of those on day 15 in one incubator and the other day I won 12 jumbo quail hatching eggs, buy guessing “what laid this egg” correctly on the game farms page.

I didnt have room, and yes my chicks are due in 6 days and the quail eggs could have waited but the longer you have them setting out the less viable they’ll be.

So just went and bought another incubator

The baby quail are due 5-1

And the chickens are due 4/20. Yes I know of the irony of the green eggs to hatch on 4/20

Again these quail eggs came from a different game farm and should be perfectly healthy. I bought live chicks from him and they’re healthy as can be right now.

If you would like to follow this progress I will be posting about it. I have severe depression and this is actually helping and I want to share it with people bc I think it’s fun 🥹

I also want to show you this one. I picked him/her (I’m very unsure) out because it was bald and looked stressed out

The day I got her/him

Vs today