Midnight call: Abuser being released

Two years ago, the man I thought I would spend the rest of my life with, attacked me after a late night drinking binge. He was always verbally and emotionally abusive but I never noticed until it were too late. Two years ago, I was strangled almost to death by him. My life literally flashed before my eyes.
Two years ago, policemen barged through my front door and took him away in handcuffs. He was charged on two counts of Domestic violence/ assault by strangulation. 
A felony that would end him in prison for the next 40 years but I allowed the bargain plea landing him with a misdemeanor and only two years jail time. 
Two years. Before, that felt like a long time to have someone in jail. I figured I could get my life back on course and live as a better person. In two years, I got my life back. I got married, I went back to college, I landed an amazing job. I almost forgot my past and him.
Until last night. Instead of sleep, I lay in bed in cold sweat, nervous itch, and anxiety. The jail called me at midnight letting me know that my old lover was released from jail.  And after two years of forgetting, I remembered.
Love, hate, fear... Every emotion came flooding back. 
I don't know why I'm putting this all here. Maybe I just needed to let my feelings out.