This kid's kicking my butt

🍀S

Up until just a few days ago I was pretty symptom-free. Sure, my breasts were tender, but that was it. Boy, am I longing for those days now. These days I feel like I got run down by a truck. The only thing I can think about is sleep, sleep, and more sleep. No throwing up, but my stomach constantly feels like I'm coming down off a sorority bender, all churny and sensitive.

The joy I felt upon learning I was pregnant has started to give way to overwhelming fear, too. Fear of what? Everything. Is there something wrong? Will this enormous change somehow hurt my marriage? Why don't I feel as happy as I did even a week ago? Will I be depressed after the birth and somehow damage my child emotionally? Am I depressed now?

I guess this is what they're talking about when they say the first trimester is no picnic. I get to have my first ultrasound (at 8 weeks) on Thursday, though, so that's definitely something to look forward to. In the meantime, here's hoping Lucky here goes a little easier on his/her mama.